Re: [Evolution] About "hide read messages"

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 09:19 -0400, Andrew Conkling wrote:
On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 10:52 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> Well, use the [] keys, and/or setup an unread vfolder.  That will do
> what you're after.

And yet, not really.  (See previous posts.)

> All our code is done through several levels of view model controller,
> so to make things like this 'work' is impractical at the code level.

Well then (if I may be so bold), I think the coding could use some work.
Isn't that what happens when someone suggests something?  I wouldn't
make such a dramatic statement if this were the first time something
like this has happened, but I recall (only in the past few months that
I've been reading this list) a handful of times that someone has
recommended a useful feature, only to be turned down because that's not
the way the code works right now.  I thought that would be the
motivation for changing it--useful features that Evo doesn't already
have--but instead it seems (as I've mentioned before) that a small
handful of people (on this list) determine which options are useful and
which aren't.
You're not a coder are you?  Or even a software engineer.

Deal with it.

I'm not trying to instigate or point fingers, just to vent a bit of
frustration about the nature of this list (or perhaps about my
misunderstanding of the function of this list?).

Well, how much did you pay for this software?