Re: [Evolution] Various Details

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 15:24, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 13:53 -0400, David Guertin wrote:
Hmm. I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm still puzzled. As
you can see, Evolution does not do what you describe. (Or is "My
Signature" below not an actual Evolution-added signature? Did you just
type that in?) I haven't noticed it stripping any messages I've replied
to at work, either.

most mailers would. I forgot I added logic to Evolution a while back to
look for the last "signature looking thing" and only strip that out.

So lets try this.. (might work, might not - signature stripping is
broken in 1.5 so I can't really test)

Ah! OK, this is making sense now. Your signature and everything past it
is stripped.

All of this just reinforces my contention that top-posting is evil.
However, I fear it is here to stay.

I will continue my current practice of abstaining from using a signature
file when I am obliged to top-post.

BTW, I've learned from this that Outlook is able to insert signature
files above the quoted text because it doesn't use standard signature
files, it just inserts text at the cursor. It also makes it very
cumbersome to do anything but top-post.

Dave