Re: [Evolution] Setting the "from address" in evolution?

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 22:28, Not Zed wrote:
On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 11:21 -0500, Sudhakar Govindavajhala wrote:
On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 02:34, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 23:43 -0500, sudhakar CS Princeton EDU wrote:
Now, **each** time I send a mail I would like to be able to change the
From field accordingly.  Is there a way I can do it in evolution?
Obviously doing this in settings is not an option. (It is a pain to do it.
But for research, it is worth the pain.)

Tools->Accounts->New

Create an account with the email address you want, set the SMTP but
leave the incoming server info blank.  When you are composing an email,
use the From: drop-down to select the email address you want this
particular email to be from.

Nah.   that is not what I want.   I want to be able to use lets say 100
different addresses. In the solution you proposed, I will have to use
100 different settings.  A pain. All I want is to be able to type my
email address, the way you type a recipient address.

You should just write a script to make and send the mail directly, not
use a client.

There's a Perl script out there which you could use (directly
or as the basis for a wrapper). I've found it useful on occasion
when I want to mail myself a file from a remote machine and just
have access to a command line. It's called sendEmail and you can
find it at:

http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/

poc