Re: [Evolution] Setting the "from address" in evolution?

Hi Sudhakar,

I haven't tried this myself but in theory you should be able to:

* Create an outgoing filter (Tools => Filters => Outgoing)

* Write yourself a little perl script (or the likes) and in the filter
  "pipe your message to your script".

  * Your script can easily change the From header, but i believe it will
    also need to do the mail send (i don't think Evo will read the
    message from the script again and then send, although i'm not
    sure).

To create such a perl script is fairly simple, and you can do funky
things like:

* extract the first word of the subject line, remove it from the subject
  like and insert it as part of the from address

or something like:
(which is what i would do)

* Get the "To" address, extract the email/domain, parse it and say you
were sending an email to me (simran reflectit com), i would transform
the email to something like: reflectit.com-simran and then change
the from header to something like:
        From: sudhakar+reflectit com-simran reflectit com

hope that helps,

cheers,