Re: [Evolution] Attaching emails invalidates PGP signature

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 21:58 -0700, Dan Berger wrote:
On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 11:28 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
Because, yes, line #51 seems to match the criterion:
$ grep -n ^F test.msg
1:From ron l johnson cox net Fri Jul 30 04:33:54 2004
19:From: Ron Johnson <ron l johnson cox net>
51:France, where are they in expressing their condemnation of such

Ok, just installed v1.5.91 (what's in Debian's experimental
branch) and the PGP signature now validates, but the attached
emails still don't open.

But then, they are of type application/octet-stream, so I wouldn't
expect them to be able to be opened.

That seems to be a problem with drag-n-drop'd messages.  I had noticed
it before and filed a bug, which was closed as NOTXIMIAN.  I don't
recall if I ever filed a bug against gnome-vfs, however.

The problem is "how does Evolution know to scan thru all the emails
on your system, and know exactly which attachments to convert from
application/octet-stream to message/rfc822?"

I don't think they can.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"I need an expert on the pain I'm goin' thru, so I keep George on
the ol' turn table 'till I'm over you..."
Mark Chesnutt, "Just Playin' Possum"