Re: [Evolution] Attaching emails invalidates PGP signature

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 11:15 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 23:26 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 05:02 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
Hi,

After reading the "[Evolution] variuos ..." email, I decided to
do a test, and attach some old emails to a new email and send it
to myself.

One thing happened, and one thing didn't...

1. My PGP signature wouldn't validate, even though it validates
   in 'all' other circumstances.  A bug?
2. I couldn't view the emails.  *That* is one thing that is very
   handy about Outlook.  Double-click on an attached email and it
   pops up in it's own Outlook mail viewing window.  If this were
   added as a Wishlist??????  (I wonder what mimetype that Outlook
   uses?  html?)
1.5.9.x is ancient in terms of evolution's evolution.  This attachment
bug was fixed weeks ago.

Ok.

The signature thing may have been fixed, but it depends on the
messages you attached.  If any line anywhere within the text or
attachment (anything that was signed) starts with "Fxxxxx" then it's
been fixed already.  Otherwise file a bug, attach the resultant
message, and every message attached, and explain how they were
attached.

Would that be: "Fxxxxx ", or just
"*any* line that starts with F and has at least 5 more characters
after it?".

Because, yes, line #51 seems to match the criterion:
$ grep -n ^F test.msg
1:From ron l johnson cox net Fri Jul 30 04:33:54 2004
19:From: Ron Johnson <ron l johnson cox net>
51:France, where are they in expressing their condemnation of such

Ok, just installed v1.5.91 (what's in Debian's experimental
branch) and the PGP signature now validates, but the attached
emails still don't open.

But then, they are of type application/octet-stream, so I wouldn't
expect them to be able to be opened.

A test that I just completed works as expected, though.

Thanks.
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

Legality/morality of using open wireless points:
"If I leave my door unlocked are you going to come into my house
in the middle of the night because you need to use the restroom?
I pay a fixed rate for water. It's cold water so there is no
electricity usage. No financial loss. I have 2.5 bathrooms, so no
loss of usage on my end. Is this OK? Please, try this and we'll
see if it's OK."
http://www.warchalking.org/comments/2002/9/22/223831/236/135