Re: [Evolution] PGP and Evolution

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 06:17, Andre Klapper wrote:
There's a problem with GnuGP and Evolution: when I send a mail to a
friend, and this friend uses Outlook, the mail appears empty.
What can I do?

hi pablo,

evolution uses pgp/mime, means that the signature is attached as a seperate
file ("signature.asc") to the message and that it is not put into the body of
the message ("inline").
micros~1 outlook and outlook express do not display your email "normally",
but put your entire email into an attachment named "ATT00002.txt" or something
like this - perhaps your friend did not see the attachment (can happen very
quickly when using outlook, imho).

it seems that there doesn't exist another solution than whether not signing
your outgoing emails by evolution or your recipient's using another
standards-supporting email program or complaining to micros~1...

take a look into the archives at
<http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2002-December/024141.html> or
<http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution lists ximian com/msg00420.html>, for example, if you are interested
in
more...

cheers,
andre

Folks, we use here outlook97, outlook2000, outlook (XP) and they all can
see my e-mail I send from Evo. The signature file is just an attachment
with .asc

I think I remember having seen a problem when using richtext in outlook
since that comes up with and ATT00002.txt attachment or similar.
Unfortunately, I do not have the time to research, but I am sending
signed business e-mails from Evo around the world. 80% + of the
recipients are using Outlook xx.

Tom