Re: [Evolution] PGP and Evolution

So what's the answer here. I had a simlar question yesterday. Are we
supposed to just accept the fact that Outlook with PGP and Evolution
with GPG don't play well together?

On  8-Jan-2004 18:59:16 +0100, you wrote:
On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 06:17, Andre Klapper wrote:
There's a problem with GnuGP and Evolution: when I send a mail to
friend, and this friend uses Outlook, the mail appears empty.
What can I do?

hi pablo,

evolution uses pgp/mime, means that the signature is attached as a
file ("signature.asc") to the message and that it is not put into
the body of
the message ("inline").
micros~1 outlook and outlook express do not display your email
but put your entire email into an attachment named "ATT00002.txt" or
like this - perhaps your friend did not see the attachment (can
happen very
quickly when using outlook, imho).

it seems that there doesn't exist another solution than whether not
your outgoing emails by evolution or your recipient's using another
standards-supporting email program or complaining to micros~1...

take a look into the archives at

html> or

< lists ximian com/msg00420.html>,
for example, if you are interested in

Folks, we use here outlook97, outlook2000, outlook (XP) and they all
see my e-mail I send from Evo. The signature file is just an
with .asc

I think I remember having seen a problem when using richtext in
since that comes up with and ATT00002.txt attachment or similar.
Unfortunately, I do not have the time to research, but I am sending
signed business e-mails from Evo around the world. 80% + of the
recipients are using Outlook xx.