Re: [Evolution] Webcal and TimeZones

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 01:55 -0800, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 10:38 +0100, Ron wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 01:30 -0800, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 09:50 +0100, Ron wrote:
I am working on some ical stuff integrating an ical J2EE container into
evolution. And the string "software_studio/olson" whatever is definitly
not needed. I use the standard Timezone implementation from java and
evolution picks it up without any problem.

Can you send me a complete VEVENT with so I can play with it a bit?

I had downloaded the file to look at it.  I attached the whole thing.
It isn't that big.

Thanks When I import it in evolution (2.0.2) it shows correcty as being
from 18:00 to 21:00 (Europe/Amsterdam timezone here) That is a 6 hour
difference. I'll load it into the j2ee container this evening

Interesting..... OK.  I tried an experiment.  I took the file, deleted
everything except for the file header, timezone info, and one VEVENT.
Then I imported it into Evolution.  That one event shows the correct
time shift.  Why is it that the importer knows how to properly shift the
timezone, but the webcal interface doesn't?

For reference, the webcal URL is:
webcal://icalx.com/public/bgalland/200532NASCAR32Schedule.ics

I tried changing the "webcal" part to "http" and it made no difference.

the http backend was missing a few lines of code to use the timezones in
the remote ics file. I just sent a patch to evolution-hackers to fix
this.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>