Re: [Evolution] Webcal and TimeZones

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 00:15 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
The problem is not that string, the problem is that the calendars tend
not to include the relevant VTIMEZONE data in the VCALENDAR.  You'll
note that other programs, like Outlook even, when sending ITIP data,
include the timezone. I think that section 4.2.19 or RFC 2445 is pretty
clear:

'An individual "VTIMEZONE" calendar component MUST be specified for each
unique "TZID" parameter value specified in the iCalendar object.'

Apple's ical and others seem to assume the Olsen timezone naming
scheming while not actually providing the data.

The file begins with this information.  It has a rather large and
descriptive VTIMEZONE section.  This isn't enough?  (Just asking, I'm
not an RFC guru.)  I'd rather not download, edit, and import the data,
since that kind of ruins the concept of a dynamic, externally updated,
webcal.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:2005 NASCAR Schedule
PRODID:-//Apple Computer\, Inc//iCal 1.5//EN
X-WR-RELCALID:F3EC30B3-2128-11D9-B038-000D93388C1E-CALP
X-WR-TIMEZONE:US/Eastern
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE