Re: [Evolution] Webcal and TimeZones

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 12:23 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 11:36 +0100, Ron Smits wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 01:55 -0800, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:

Thanks When I import it in evolution (2.0.2) it shows correcty as being
from 18:00 to 21:00 (Europe/Amsterdam timezone here) That is a 6 hour
difference. I'll load it into the j2ee container this evening

Interesting..... OK.  I tried an experiment.  I took the file, deleted
everything except for the file header, timezone info, and one VEVENT.
Then I imported it into Evolution.  That one event shows the correct
time shift.  Why is it that the importer knows how to properly shift the
timezone, but the webcal interface doesn't?

For reference, the webcal URL is:
webcal://icalx.com/public/bgalland/200532NASCAR32Schedule.ics

I tried changing the "webcal" part to "http" and it made no difference.

Interesting I subscribed to that nascar link and when looking at an
event it does not show any Timezone information and displays it at the
wrong time. If I take an event and mail it to myself, unsubscribe from
the webcal link and import the calendar.ics file. It is shown correctly.
I have attached the ics file the way evolution has exported it

Rodrigo sent a patch to fix the bug you are seeing, but also on a happy
note, Apple's iCal seems to be exporting the timezone now (I'm pretty
sure earlier versions did not).

right, I can confirm that, previous versions didn't include timezone
info
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>