Re: [Evolution] Webcal and TimeZones

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 23:30 -0800, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 00:15 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
The problem is not that string, the problem is that the calendars tend
not to include the relevant VTIMEZONE data in the VCALENDAR.  You'll
note that other programs, like Outlook even, when sending ITIP data,
include the timezone. I think that section 4.2.19 or RFC 2445 is pretty
clear:

'An individual "VTIMEZONE" calendar component MUST be specified for each
unique "TZID" parameter value specified in the iCalendar object.'

Apple's ical and others seem to assume the Olsen timezone naming
scheming while not actually providing the data.

The file begins with this information.  It has a rather large and
descriptive VTIMEZONE section.  This isn't enough?  (Just asking, I'm
not an RFC guru.)  I'd rather not download, edit, and import the data,
since that kind of ruins the concept of a dynamic, externally updated,
webcal.

I am working on some ical stuff integrating an ical J2EE container into
evolution. And the string "software_studio/olson" whatever is definitly
not needed. I use the standard Timezone implementation from java and
evolution picks it up without any problem.

Can you send me a complete VEVENT with so I can play with it a bit?

Ron
--
Gates' Law: Every 18 months, the speed of software halves.

-- From a Slashdot.org post