Re: [Evolution] imap spam issues

So I've been working periodically over the past two days to try to get a
log of this behavior to show you guys, but it has proven extremely
difficult - the more I play with it, the less clearly defined the
problem seems to be. The difficulty I'm having in replicating it though
does NOT mean the problem is sporadic, it definitely isn't... it just
seems to vary its behavior chaotically, and this makes it difficult to
get a clean log which includes the buggy behavior, and only the buggy
behavior. In the meantime though, let me give a little more detail on
what I'm seeing.

-sometimes, junked messages reappear in the inbox, but are also still
listed in 'Junk' - both listings referring to the same instances of the
message in question, thereby enabling me to work around the problem by
simply deleting the contents of 'Junk' - they then disappear from inbox
too, and stay gone. Annoying, but not a showstopper.

-other times, the above appears to work - but they then show up AGAIN at
the next sync - in 'inbox', but NOT in 'junk' - so I'm forced to go back
through and manually junk, then delete, then expunge in order for them
to go away. This is when I begin pulling out my hair.

-other times, it just works. This is in a minority of cases, although it
always seems to happen when I'm trying to replicate the problem for a
log of course.

Also, I'm not sure if its a related problem, but I'm also seeing my (non
spam) filters occasionally not get processed - though right clicking and
selecting apply filters makes it work, so its not a failure to match the
filter term, but the filter not getting applied. This only happens
occasionally.

I mean this totally non-rhetorically: am I the first person to ever use
evolution+IMAP+cyrus? It would seem to me that this would have been
reported before if it was happening to everyone with this combination of
software, as cyrus seems to be a pretty widely deployed server... though
I can't imagine any misconfiguration on my end which could be causing
this. Any ideas are welcome