Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.5 Out of Office and Contact Notes]

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 11:57 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 08:35 -0400, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
I just noticed that I posted this to the wrong group:>) Apologies for the noise.

1) Evolution LDAP lookups to AD are still crashing.

in 1.4 or 1.5? It should be fixed in 1.5. If not, file a bug, with a
stack trace.

evolution1.5-pilot-1.5.93.0.200408190529-0.snap.ximian.9.1
evolution-data-server-0.0.98.0.200408190529-0.snap.ximian.9.1
evolution1.5-1.5.93.0.200408190529-0.snap.ximian.9.1
ximian-connector1.5-1.5.93.0.200408170230-0.snap.ximian.9.1

How do I run a "stack trace". I can repeat the error consistantly (which
makes life a lot easier for everyone:>)

2) I was out of the Office traveling all last week and went to set my
out-of-office reply (corporate standard) and could not. I thought I had
tested that with the 1.46 attempt I did and it worked fine but seems 1.5
no longer has that (or it has moved).

It moved. Click the "Exchange" button, and it's in the Tools menu.
Tool menu has the following "buttons"
Settings, filters, create from message,virtual folder, create virtual
folder from message, subscribe to folder, pilot link settings.

I also poked around all the other menues. It us to be a "button" under
the "settings" dialog box but I can no longer find it.

Also on that note is their a way
to make sure that all my filters run PRIOR to it replying with the Out-
of-Office messages so my user groups don't get the spam reply?

I believe the default Exchange out-of-office rule only replies to
messages that explicitly list you as a To or Cc. But I'm not totally
sure about that. I don't know what order it runs relative to other
filter rules either, but it's not something we can control.
I will try and post... once I find where the above menu option
disappeared to:>) If I spam the list with out-of office ...apologizes in
advance

3) The last thing is contacts->notes. I put a lot of notes in that
section as I file stuff by company (for example NOvell would be the
contact with all my tech contact people and their contact info as
notes). In Evolution 1.4.6 it was fine as it has a nice sized window for
displaying this information, now it is completely none usable. I have
tried to find a way to make it resize the pane, or resort the contact
way of doing things but it does not work.

Ugh. I hadn't seen this. I would say file a bug, but I don't know if
anything will change.
Attached is a screenshot. As you can see I have a lot of notes which use
to be readable. If I could just have it resize the pane It would work.
but as of right now I am  stuck. I would send you a print sceeen of it
but that aparently is not trivial in SuSE 9.1.. still researching.

Many times I try to cut and paste info I hold their and it does not
work. Any thoughts?

Cut and paste should absolutely work. If that's broken, that could still
potentially be fixed before 2.0. (If you file a bug soon.)

-- Dan