Re: [Evolution] Accessing Web-based calendar

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 13:48 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 18:53 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 11:04 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 21:17 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
Sorry to respond to my own post, but I've played around some more, and
now, when I  open the Calendar, I get an error dialog - Error on
webcal://... Bad file format.

It sounds like Evo is not getting the response from the server that it
expects.

The above problem seems to have been a permissions problem - although
Mozilla could see the calendar, Evolution couldn't until I broadened the
permissions.

This then begs the question: can Evo (1.5.92 at present) read _and
write_ to web-based calendars?

no, for 1.5/2.0 they are read-only.

 It seems odd that the "Add calendar"
settings dialog has no place for a username/password combination. Why is
this, and how does this relate to the Free/Busy functionality?

we should probably add the option of entering username/password in that
dialog, but that will have to wait till 2.2.

File a bug to bugzilla.ximian.com about it if you wish.

Rodrigo,

Thanks for your response. If the calendar access is read-only, is the
design thought that it would be updated using another piece of software?
This seems odd, given Evo's function.

we will add write support in future versions, probably 2.2 or 2.4.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>