Re: [Evolution] Accessing Web-based calendar

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 18:53 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 11:04 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 21:17 -0700, Des Dougan wrote:
Sorry to respond to my own post, but I've played around some more, and
now, when I  open the Calendar, I get an error dialog - Error on
webcal://... Bad file format.

It sounds like Evo is not getting the response from the server that it
expects.

The above problem seems to have been a permissions problem - although
Mozilla could see the calendar, Evolution couldn't until I broadened the
permissions.

This then begs the question: can Evo (1.5.92 at present) read _and
write_ to web-based calendars?

no, for 1.5/2.0 they are read-only.

 It seems odd that the "Add calendar"
settings dialog has no place for a username/password combination. Why is
this, and how does this relate to the Free/Busy functionality?

we should probably add the option of entering username/password in that
dialog, but that will have to wait till 2.2.

File a bug to bugzilla.ximian.com about it if you wish.

Rodrigo,

Thanks for your response. If the calendar access is read-only, is the
design thought that it would be updated using another piece of software?
This seems odd, given Evo's function.

Thanks,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support