Re: [Evolution] IMAP and trash

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 03:25 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 14:43 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 23:53 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > The first time, or the second time?
> > >
> > > You say deleted emails go to INBOX/Trash but then you delete them and
> > > they go to Trash.
> > >
> > > I figured the second case is where you select messages and delete
> > > them.
> >
> > Gah!!  Now it's doing something different!
> >
> > When I delete an email that's sitting in one of my folders, where
> > is it supposed to go?
> > "haggis imap"/INBOX/Trash
> >   or
> > "haggis imap"/Trash ??
> It should only go to the last.  UNLESS, and this is quite possible,
> your server is doing something stupid like physically moving deleted
> folders.

So far, I haven't tried to delete a folder, just emails.

Well i meant to say, moving the deleted messages to a special folder, sorry.

> > And what's the difference between
> > Actions|Expunge
> >    and
> > Actions|"Empty Trash" ?
>
> One expunges the current folder, one expunges the trash (which may
> include several physical folders).

Ok, but what does that *mean*?  (URLs appreciated.)

I'm sorry i can't explain it clearer than that.  I'm an engineer and i've got work to do (well its after work now, so i've got beer to drink), i'm paid too much to do end-user support or teach english.

In short it MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.  If you can't understand, just pretend 'empty trash' doesn't exist.  It isn't required, I never use it, I just expunge any folders individually.  It does the same thing in the end.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.