Re: [Evolution] IMAP and trash

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 22:13 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 10:50 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 13:09 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With IMAP, in the 1.4 series, deleting an email would send "haggis
> > imap"/Trash (which has a trash can icon next to it), where I could
> > do Action->"Empty Trash" to get rid of it.
> >
> > Now, deleted emails go to "haggis imap"/INBOX/Trash, which I have to
>
> How are they deleted?  You say you have to explictly delete them?
> Huh?

By highlighting messages, and clicking on the Delete button.
The first time, or the second time?

You say deleted emails go to INBOX/Trash but then you delete them and they go to Trash.

I figured the second case is where you select messages and delete them.
> > then explicitly Delete, which sends them to "haggis imap"/Trash,
> > where Action->"Empty Trash" works as normal.
> >
> > Is this extra step by design, or a bug?
> I have no idea how you managed this.

It's a talent of mine, to make s/w do weird stuff....
If you have an imap server (I use courier imap, if it makes a
difference), maybe I can walk you through it, via IRC.

> The code doesn't do anything like this.

I promise you, it does.  But then again, maybe we are not
talking about the same things.

Clearly not!  Which is why i asked for clarifiaction, but unfortunately its still as clear as mud.

--
Ron Johnson <ron l johnson cox net>