Re: [Evolution] Filters on Folders

you might try at least running a recent version... ?

Jeff

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 12:25, Joseph Phillips wrote:
                             From:
Joseph Phillips
<jphillips amphus com>
                               To:
fejj ximian com, notzed ximian com
                               Cc:
evolution lists ximian com
Re: [Evolution] Filters on Folders
                             Date:
 10 Sep 2003 09:25:26 -0700  (12:25
EDT)
                           Mailer:
Ximian Evolution 1.2.2 (1.2.2-5)
        Thanks for the replies.  I have some new results to report.

        My filters are only working some of the time.  Like I said, I
        have an
        Inbox setup with IMAP connecting to an NT4 server running MS
        Exchange.
        And I have several local folders where the filtered mail is
        supposed to
        be moved to.

        When I came in to work this morning, only some of the mails got
        automatically moved to their appropriate local folder, but some
        of the
        other mails just stayed in the Inbox.

        Also, I noticed that when I do a "Ctl+A", "Ctl+Y", and "Ctl+E",
        not all
        of the messages get filtered out correctly.  But if I
        individually click
        on the particular email, and select "Ctrl+Y" and "Ctl+E", then
        it gets
        moved to it's proper folder.

        Are these filtering issues going to be addressed in a new
        version of
        Evolution?  I am running version 1.2.2 on Red Hat 9.

        Thanks.

        On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 07:32, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
        > the reason it works like that is because it would be extremely
        > inefficient to keep filtering the old messages over and over
        again. If
        > your filters were setup such that some messages remained in
        your INBOX,
        > then everytime you got mail the process of filtering would
        take longer
        > and longer to complete.
        >
        > Jeff
        >
        > On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 04:23, Pete Biggs wrote:
        >                              From:
        > Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk>
        >                                To:
        > evolution lists ximian com
        > Re: [Evolution] Filters on Folders
        >                              Date:
        >  Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:23:03 +0100
        > (04:23 EDT)
        >                            Mailer:
        > Ximian Evolution 1.4.4
        >
        >         >
        >         > Unfortunately the way we detect messages doesn't
        work on some
        >         servers
        >         > that dont implement imap to spec, and/or if you have
        multiple
        >         clients
        >         > accessing a given account simultaneously.
        >
        >         Is there a reason why the Filters are only applied to
        new
        >         messages?  I
        >         have my "main" evo at work where lots of filters are
        setup to
        >         filter
        >         into local files so they can be archived.  But from
        home I
        >         access things
        >         either from evo or via a web mail thing.  All the
        accesses are
        >         via
        >         IMAP.  But if I access my mailbox from elsewhere, when
        I go back