Re: [Evolution] Changing Evolution settings via text files

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 20:12, Fran Fabrizio wrote:
oh, right, that key is for evo 1.4.x. In evo 1.2.x, configuration is in
the file ~/evolution/config.xmldb, iirc

Strangest thing - I wrote a little perl script to search and replace the
hex-encoded values for 'source_url_0' (IMAP) and 'transport_url_0'
(SMTP) in the config.xmldb, which it does successfully.  I then start
Evolution, and it ignores the new config, and continues to use the old
one.  Then, when I close Evolution, it overwrites config.xmldb with the
old values again.

before modifying the file, you need to run killev, so that all evolution
components are killed.

cheers