Re: [Evolution] Strange ldap connections.

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 02:40, Chris Toshok wrote:

oh, 1.3 doesn't use the config.xmldb file any longer.  its settings are
stored in gconf, so you can use the gconf-editor to get at them.  the
path you want is "/apps/evolution/addressbook/completion/uris"

OK. This is useful information. However, no sign of that ldap.funet.fi
-setting. This makes me crazy, I have used strings and/or grep on every
single file on my machine. I don't have anything anywhere that should
point to ldap.funet.fi. I have four autom-completion-uris, one of them
is our internal ldap-server (on an exchange-server) and three of them
are local contacts-folders. I do not have a ldap server on my machine,
so I just added ldap.funet.fi as an alias to localhost. WIth that
setting (as it is sending a connection refused immidiately) I don't
suffer from those hangings and the auto-completion works like a charm.

This makes me nuts. By using the above kludge I can avoid this problem,
but as a semi-paranoid system manager I am always concerned when
something is happening without any logical reason...

--
[How many parties do you think I'd be welcome ]
[at now that my whole face is sliding off?R.B.]