Re: [Evolution] Strange ldap connections.

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 05:14, Tony K Lindstrom wrote:
On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 14:18, Chris Toshok wrote:
Evolution wouldn't ever try to connect to an ldap server that you hadn't
entered, at least not for any contact information.  If you added an ldap
server to your list of completion sources it might still be trying to
contact it - there's a bug about the fact that we copy the url into the
list of completion sources.  So when you delete the LDAP server from
your Directory Servers settings it stays in the autocompletion list.

      Ok. This might be the case. But shouldn't it go away if it is deleted
from the list? Anyway, It is a long time ago since I had that server
there and I am not even sure if or why I would have added it there. It
must have been on a evolution version where you had to add the server
manually in the config -file...

hmm, yeah i don't think we even migrated that setting.

      I tried to delete the value /Addressbook/Completion in the config.xmldb
so that I could add manually those autocompletion servers that I need...
But they didn't disappear ?!  Eeh? How do i reset them?

you need to kill bonobo-config-xmldb before making the change.  shut
down evo, run killev, make the change, and restart.

      I use now the beta 1.3 on a RH9, but I have had this problem for a long
time on severla versions...

oh, 1.3 doesn't use the config.xmldb file any longer.  its settings are
stored in gconf, so you can use the gconf-editor to get at them.  the
path you want is "/apps/evolution/addressbook/completion/uris"

Chris

Chris