[Evolution] Re: gpilot 2.0.8 not working with Sony Clie NR70 on RH 9

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 02:36, Richard Zach wrote:
Hi,

gpilotd stopped working for me recently: I'm now running Red Hat 9 with

gnome-pilot-2.0.8-0.ximian.1
evolution1.3-pilot-1.3.3-0.ximian.1
pilot-link-0.11.5-4.ximian.1

My Handspring Visor works fine with this setup, and I have connectivity
to the Clie with pilot-xfer.  This broke when you  switched device
recognition from names to vendor IDs on April 21.

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsview2.cgi?diff_mode=context&whitespace_mode=show&file=gpilotd.c&branch=&root=/cvs/gnome&subdir=gnome-pilot/gpilotd&command=DIFF_FRAMESET&rev1=1.132&rev2=1.133

In gpilotd.c, line 789 ff, the *vendor_product_ids[] should have the
vendor and product IDs LOWERCASE, e.g., for Sony Clies it's

Vendor=054c ProdID=009a

not

Vendor=054C ProdID=009A

I've made the string compares case insentive now.  It will be released
in 2.0.8.

It might be a good idea to put these device IDs in a config file, and
not in the source code--or else gpilot won't work with any device you've
left out.

True, but the devices also have to be in the kernel headers (which is
where we snag these values from) so the pace of increase is actually
quite slow.  That being said this is a good idea for the future.

BTW: Report gpilotd bugs in bugzilla.ximian.com or bugzilla.gnome.org?
And who maintains the gnome-pilot-conduits?

Gnome Pilot Reports should go to bugzilla.gnome.org, evolution specific
reports (like "doesn't sync completed status" and what not) should go to
ximian.

Currently I am the de facto gnome-pilot-conduits maintainer.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.