[Evolution] gpilot 2.0.8 not working with Sony Clie NR70 on RH 9

Hi,

gpilotd stopped working for me recently: I'm now running Red Hat 9 with

gnome-pilot-2.0.8-0.ximian.1
evolution1.3-pilot-1.3.3-0.ximian.1
pilot-link-0.11.5-4.ximian.1

My Handspring Visor works fine with this setup, and I have connectivity
to the Clie with pilot-xfer.  This broke when you  switched device
recognition from names to vendor IDs on April 21.

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsview2.cgi?diff_mode=context&whitespace_mode=show&file=gpilotd.c&branch=&root=/cvs/gnome&subdir=gnome-pilot/gpilotd&command=DIFF_FRAMESET&rev1=1.132&rev2=1.133

In gpilotd.c, line 789 ff, the *vendor_product_ids[] should have the
vendor and product IDs LOWERCASE, e.g., for Sony Clies it's

Vendor=054c ProdID=009a

not

Vendor=054C ProdID=009A

It might be a good idea to put these device IDs in a config file, and
not in the source code--or else gpilot won't work with any device you've
left out.

BTW: Report gpilotd bugs in bugzilla.ximian.com or bugzilla.gnome.org?
And who maintains the gnome-pilot-conduits?

Yours,
Richard
--
Richard Zach ...... http://www.ucalgary.ca/~rzach/
Assistant  Professor,   Department  of  Philosophy