Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.2.4 slow

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 08:47, guenther wrote:
Guenther thankyou for your reply,

Your welcome --anytime if I can help.

btw: Was this mail intended to be sent private or just by accident?
accident

Sorry, but I can at least report good performance for 2 other Mandrake
9.1 machines... ;-)
So its a fault with my pc/config then...?

Really don't know, but it seems like.

Don't know, what could cause such a massive lag.
yes its extremely frustrating. Evo 1.0.8 on Mdk 9.0 worked fine with
default settings. Its like a dns error on bootup...evolution just stops
every 30seconds or so and doesn't respond to input for 3 or 4 seconds.
It affects all evolution tasks; typing text on screen(cursor
disappears), open/close, reply, forward, send emails.
I have 8 other inbox subfolders with approx 250 stored emails, 12 custom
rules, 3 pop accounts. Shouldn't be too much.
I just looked through settings...mail set to check every 10 mins, so not
that. I can't think what else on Mandrake could interfere?
thankyou for your time,

As you are using 1.2.4-mdk, did you have the same lag with 1.2.2 that
came with Mandrake 9.1? Have you installed the Gnome desktop or just
Evolution?
just replaced 1.2.4-mdk with original evolution-1.2.2-3mdk and performance is the same.
I remember that was originally why I upgraded.

If you _really_ wanna downgrade, try the RPMs from ML9.1 first. I'm not
sure which Gnome version that had (2.0 IIRC), but that should fit the
best.

Remove Evolution 1.2.4 first -- and be sure to move your ~/evolution
folder to a save place (paranoia saves your day and email), as some
config has changes between 1.0.x and 1.2.x.

Just in case, I know Evo runs fine on ML9.1... ;-)

...guenther
thanks for your help but looks like I got "dependency hell"!
progs installed are > whats required but to go back to 1.0.8 means
mixing different lib versions...asking for trouble. I have to find
another distro that I can live with or use another mail client. Maybe
before I get too drastic i'll do a fresh install on another box at work
and try that first.
Richard.