Re: [Evolution] i made a replacement for evolution-address-book-export

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 21:42, HvR wrote:
I took Cliff Wells' python script and hacked it up a little so now it
is a fair replacement for the broken evolution-address-book-export. I
also attached a perl program to reformat the address book into
something else. Enjoy. You will need python2 to run the
exportcontacts.py script

This is interesting to me because I've always thought it would be
interesting to be able to run arbitrary scripts from Evo.  Obviously
something like the Outlook mess is undesirable (mail shouldn't be able
to script the application), but having user-definable menus and/or
toolbars would be a good thing.

I know it's possible to customize the toolbars to some extent (although
I haven't done it yet), but is it possible to execute arbitrary
programs/scripts from them, or is the customization limited to accessing
built-in Evo functions?

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)