Re: [Evolution] spamassassin & contacts

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 08:07, Dan Hensley wrote:
On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 02:06, Michael A. Peters wrote:
Yes - but I've got a relatively large address book.
I can't seem to find a way to export my address book to a text file.
I poked around and tried evolution-addressbook-export but I don't get
any output :(
Basically - I don't want to have to manually go through my huge address
book and manually create a white list, and furthermore, I don't want to
have to update two files for every contact.

Is there any way to export the address book to a text file? Then at
least I could script it and throw it into a crontab or something ...

This was discussed a couple of months ago on the list, and I think it's
been discussed several times.  I don't remember what came of it.  Seems
like someone was going to try to write a script to access Evo's contact
list directly.  Not sure if that ever got done.  You might try searching
the archives to find out more.

Here's a Python script I hacked up a a few minutes ago.

exportcontacts.py > whitelist

will give you a list of all the email addresses in your Evo contacts
database.

If you needed something different, let me know.

Of course, you'll need to have Python installed, but I think that's a
pretty common part of most distros these days.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)