Re: [Evolution] SpamAssassin with Evolution

Yes, that's it.  My home directory is mounted on the mail server (so
that it can read my .forward file).  But I installed spamassassin as
root on my local Linux box (which has a local filesystem for / ) and
that is why the mail server could not find /usr/bin/spamassassin.  The
mail server has its own / filesystem and spamassassin is not installed
there.  I have asked my sysadmin to install it.  In the meantime, I can
work around this (I bet) by putting spamassassin in my home directory
and changing my .procmailrc file to use a pathname to the copy in my
home directory.

Using Evolution filters to call spamassassin does not work as well
because then the mail headers do not get updated.  The best I can do
with Evolution filters is to sort the mail into a separate "Spam"
folder.  This is still useful, but I would be missing the extra headers
that spamassassin adds that gives the "score" and the specific reasons
why an email message was classified as spam.

Thanks for your help!

Jack V.