[Evolution] truoble enabling spell checking w/ evo 1.2.2

Here goes, have mercy on a linux newb

I'm using Evolution 1.2.2 under SuSE 8.1 and am having a lot of difficulty configuring evoulution to spell check email.  I followed the instructions contained in the support database at ximian's website.  The instructions make perfect sense; "open a new browser window, click edit, go to properties ->misc, enter language prefix . . .ok, pretty straight forward.  However when I click on edit and search for a properties tab contained therein, no such button entitled "properties" exists.

When I try to configure settings through the tools ->settings -> composer prefs. no dictionary is available there as well.

I strongly suspect that I have completely overlooked something.

If anyone can please shed some light on this (such as, how to properly install a dictionary), I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

--
NIck Jones <njones1922 earthlink net>