Re: [Evolution] 1.6 nominations

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 16:57, Miroslaw Sankowski wrote:
Hello,

Thank you all for the Evolution 1.4.
Since you ask for suggestions for Evolution 1.6 ...

We did?  I thought somebody else started this thread :)

1. Yes, I know that "you do not support it", but I believe that in-line
PGP is one of the most missing features of Evolution.
In documentation of the last Seahorse I discovered a suggestion that its
author intends to integrate (somehow) Seahorse with Evolution. Maybe
this way?

This will continue to remain a low priority, unfortunate for some,
irrelevent for others.

But ... some message-parsing changes, and a new plugin system i'm
planning (at least for camel) will possibly make it very easy for
someone else to contribute some level of functionality here (even if its
just a popup menu to pipe it to a verify script ...).

Seahorse is basically irrelevent to the issue.  Not because there's
anything particularly wrong with seahorse (i haven't seen it for ages so
who knows), its just the reason we dont do it isn't anything to do with
that part of the implementation.

2. News reading.

We'd like to, but I doubt we'll have the resources to do this and still
find enough time to eat, sleep, etc.  We might poke at it from time to
time, but its gonna be a bug marked as "contrib" for the foreseeable
future.

... its a perfect piece of code for contributions, and probably 70%
complete already ... we even have some basic post-to-folder support in
the mailer now so the task is easier than it was 6 months ago.