Re: [Evolution] Trashed my Evo installation

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 01:32, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
Chris Toshok wrote:

Got a bit further this morning, yes. Running evolution-mail and
evolution-addressbook from a term as myself (strace SO to a file
and lessing) showed the new glib playing up. Relevant bits:

getuid32()                              = 500 (500 is uid tonye)

connect(3, {sin_family=AF_UNIX, path="/var/run/.nscd_socket"},
110) = -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)

write(2, "getpwuid_r(): failed due to: No "..., 46getpwuid_r():
failed due to: No such user 500.) = 46

No such user?

Hopefully someone who already compiled Evo 1.3.92 on his own can speak
up. I am afraid, I won't be too much of help for you...

is nss_ldap compiled to use a different version of libldap than
evolution is?

Most definitely - but it didn't give any problems before I installed the
new glib.

hmm, interesting.  I know that glib does a getpw* call (so it can get
the user's homedir, etc), I wonder if it has always done that.

chris