[Evolution] Trashed my Evo installation

Hi!

Highly updated RH 7.2, Gnome 1.4, - had Evo 1.2.4.

Trashed Gnome's gtk+ by experimenting with my own rpms, checkinstall and things like that.

I repaired everything but Evo (it's looking for things I can't find.). I now have 2 completely different gtk+ versions available in parallel, gtk+-2.2.1 and gtk+-1.2.10-ximian.31. I can choose which I want for compiles - I much prefer gtk+-2.2.1, it's faster and prettier.

I had to get Mozilla 1.3b working for mail PDQ (filters and all), all my mail is in IMAP anyway, so I'm none the worse off.

To be frank, the only things I really miss about Evo is Chris Toshok's lousy ldap for my contacts. Turns out it was *good*, after all, compared to Mozilla (can't drag 'n drop any more, and there's no question of using ldap for contact maintenance.) And I miss the spelling checkers I had :-(

Having got this far, I don't really want to get back to where I was. What I'd like to do, is have a go at compiling Evo 1.3. Is this reasonably possible for mortals? Could Guenther please comment? I'm reasonably proficient in that sort of stuff, but I don't want to start debugging code to get things working. And since I have a rock-stable RH 7.2 (*important*) and only the one machine, I don't want to do any OS update.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

There's none so daft as them as will not learn

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni billy demon nl