Re: [Evolution] Evo 1.4.3: fonts for menus, folders etc.

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:44, Itzchak Rehberg wrote:
Then go to apps->nautilus->preferences and unset "show_desktop".

No such setting.

Odd.  Don't look into the sub-folders of preferences, it is in that top
folder.

Does this also fix the problem with fonts being completely messed up?
There was no point on this (as I wrote in another posting: any app
started after the gnome-settings-daemon, regardless of KDE app or Gnome
app, has the fonts completely "replaced" by a single dot per line).

Nope.  After I login, I manually run gnome-font-settings.  This allows
you to pick fonts for Gnome apps.  It never has to be reset (font
selection that is), but I use it now as a quick and easy way to get the
gnome-settings-daemon to start.

Now all I need to figure out is how to stop gnome from hijacking my
mouse movement settings.........

Humm - my mouse was not affected by weird behaviour...

I've modified my mouse speed in KDE the default X setting is WAY too
slow for me.  The gnome-settings-daemon sets it back to "default"
values.  So, I have to go into KDE system settings and re-apply my
changes.  This only happens to me once per login.  Luckily, I hardly
ever logout.  I suppose I could try to get the gnome mouse settings to
match, then it wouldn't be an issue.  In fact, I think I'll go do that
now......

Lonnie