Re: [Evolution] Evo 1.4.3: fonts for menus, folders etc.

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 05:32, Itzchak Rehberg wrote:
Yes, that would be great - but when I do so, the entire KDE desktop is
gone (except the kicker) and replaced by a dark-blue background without
any icons on - I suppose this is a part of the Gnome2 desktop. No
chance: as soon as I start that gnome-settings-daemon my KDE desktop is
gone, and the only way to regain it I found out so far is to log out and
in again.

I had the same problem.  Here is how you fix it.

Install (as root) and run (as yourself) gconf-editor.  Go to
desktop->gnome->background and turn off the option to "draw_background".

Then go to apps->nautilus->preferences and unset "show_desktop".

Now all I need to figure out is how to stop gnome from hijacking my
mouse movement settings.........

Lonnie Borntreger