Re: Piping message (was: Re: [Evolution] Any advice on Antivirus software...)

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 22:23, Not Zed wrote:
C'mon, Ximian!  Let me pipe an e-mail message!  This would probably get
all those in-line PGP guys off your back, too!  :)

Its an ideal contributors patch, if you can get the idea past the ui
people (harder) and its done properly (easier).

I'd love to get back to coding again, but I don't see that happening for
me anytime soon.  Maybe some motivated coder(s) out there could take up
the mantle...  You'd earn my eternal gratitude. :)

It wont be a reliable workaround for inline pgp anyway as the message
may be manipulated in ways which break the assumptions pgp makes about
text messages.  Although by 1.6 this will no longer be the case.

I'll defer to your knowledge of the issues involving in-line PGP.
There's certainly no need to go round again on the MIME vs in-line
debates on this list.  But at the same time, I'd wager it would be
"reliable enough" in most cases to make many PGP users happier than they
are now.

-norm, a (mostly) happy evolution user

--
 Norman Joseph, Systems Engineer           joseph ctcgsc org      IC|XC
 Concurrent Technologies Corporation         814/269.2633         --+--

  ***  Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle  ***