Piping message (was: Re: [Evolution] Any advice on Antivirus software...)

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 15:13, D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 20:02, Norman P. B. Joseph wrote:
Whenever spamassassin misses one and
it ends up in my inbox, I run it through "sa-learn --spam --single", and
on the odd occasion I get a false positive in the spam folder, I run
that through "sa-learn --ham --single".  Works like a charm.

Can you go into more detail on how you do that? Do you save the message
to a file first, or is there some way to pipe a message through sa-learn
directly from within Evolution?

I wish there -were- a mechanism for piping messages to arbitrary command
lines.  I'd love to be able to set up a button or menu list representing
"sa-learn" commands and apply them to one or more messages.

As it stands, I have to open a terminal window, run "sa-learn --spam
--single" (which will read from stdin), open the message in a separate
window (unless I want to change the default view for -all- my folders),
go to "View -> Message Display -> Show E-mail Source", select the entire
message (can't even use ^A), paste it into the terminal window with a
right-click, optionally terminate the last line with a carriage return,
then hit ^D in the terminal window.  Feh.  Maybe the "|" command in elm
spoiled me.  :)

C'mon, Ximian!  Let me pipe an e-mail message!  This would probably get
all those in-line PGP guys off your back, too!  :)

-norm (who never thought he'd find an e-mail client to make him forget
Z-mail!)

--
 Norman Joseph, Systems Engineer           joseph ctcgsc org      IC|XC
 Concurrent Technologies Corporation         814/269.2633         --+--

  ***  Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle  ***