Re: [Evolution] Evolution problem

Hi guenther,

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 23:57, guenther wrote:
- snip -

FWIW: All indexing files are recreated on startup. I would always save
the entire structure without the indexing files (that means: directory
hierarchy, all mbox (!) files and all *.xml files are needed). [1]

Whether you meant to copy all directory, subdirectories and files such
as

/home/satimis(user)/evolution/local/*.*

and in case of problem after upgrade, all/some mails in their respective
boxes lost, edit all .xml files including "mbox, mbox.ev-summary and
mbox.ibex" back to new mail boxes created for such purpose.  What I need
to retain are only "inbox" and "sent" boxes.

What is "directory hierarchy"?

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen

For archiving (and even backup) I would dump the indexing files for the
sake of a lean backup. Just be prepared to wait and drink a coffee when
running Evolution the first time after restoring from backup without
indexing files...

...guenther

[1] That is, unless you manually edited the .xml file to point to
another file than default "mbox"