Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 11:58, jeff burson wrote:
* I also support, a little more reluctantly, killing the summary page.
I really like the idea, but never use it in practice. As mentioned
previously, the calendar and task views aren't that useful. the email
view doesn't do anything for me at all.  One thing that I would love
to see, though, would be an embedded RSS viewer. I really dig the idea
of doing RSS feed viewing in Evo (similar to how others used to use
mail programs for news groups). However, for that feature to be
useful, it wouldn't link to a web browser, but be an RSS program in
its own right, similar to Straw. However, if Ximian is looking to
reduce Evo's compexity, then I suspect this wouldn't be a desirable
change.

I really like the summary page also, but don't visit it much either.  I
would miss its nice overview of everything, but could live without it, I
suppose.  It would be more useful to have a "summary panel" that could -
optionally - remain open beside the viewed component to allow an
overview of the day's appointments and tasks.  I know that doesn't
reduce complexity, but that's my 2c worth.

* Ettore just beat me to another request, arbitrary order for the
folders, rather than hard-coded alphabetical order. my default mail
account is always towards the bottom of the nav bar because of the
alphabetical ordering. this is also an irritation w/ vfolders, you
create them because you want easy to use/prominent
sorting/reordering/aggregation, and then they get stuck down at the
bottom of the nav bar.

That is exactly what I use the "Shortcuts" panel for.  I only include
items (folders, vfolders) that I use on a regular basis (basically,
calendar, tasks, contacts, IMAP Inbox, and vfolders).  The "folder list"
is useless to me, as I only use other folders for archiving emails, not
for "daily use" items.  I personally would miss the shortcut panel a
lot.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger