[Evolution] Questions and observations

My company is testing a diskless workstation project to replace some (maybe all) of the current windows PC's. We have nine workstations set up around a large office building, with 4 printers spread among them.

I found a reference on another site that stated Evolution picked up the users PRINTER$ environment variable, but haven't seen any evidence that supports that yet. If I can't get Evolution to remember printers, then we will have to use the Mozilla mail client, which I'd rather not do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Second, the spell checker seems to be flaky, it worked at install, catching my spelling the as hte (I do that a lot), but now it doesn't seem to be checking at all, dwq reports no errors and happily lets me send a message on it's merry way. Again, any thought or suggestions?

I'm using RH-8.0, ltsp-3.05, Evo-1.2, jammin-125's at the workstations, and gdm as the display manager.

Hepl please!