Re: [Evolution] Questions and observations

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 23:24, Steve Jones wrote:
My company is testing a diskless workstation project to replace some
(maybe all) of the current windows PC's. We have nine workstations set
up around a large office building, with 4 printers spread among them.

I found a reference on another site that stated Evolution picked up
the users PRINTER$ environment variable, but haven't seen any evidence
  that supports that yet. If I can't get Evolution to remember
printers, then we will have to use the Mozilla mail client, which I'd
rather not do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

As far as I know, we don't (it's actually a gnome-print limitation).  We
are going to have better printing support in the GNOME 2 version, which
should be available in a few months...

Probably it could/should be patched in Evolution 1.2.x to make it less
painful for the user, though.  Any takers? :)

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>