Re: [Evolution] Re: Filtering out duplicate messages

On Monday 20 January 2003 03:52 pm, guenther wrote:
cheers();

Interestingly, it appears that you have "Replied to All", as I've
received two copies and the message was addressed to me.

Yes, I did Reply to All like I always do on this list.

Although, as I review this email, which I have created using "Reply
to list" as you've instructed, I can see that it is addressed to
Guenther with a CC to the evolution list.

Actually, as I did receive your last mail in my INBOX (not the list)
I checked it -- and strangely it didn't work. I must have used the
wrong folder, seems I didn't had enough coffee...

Reply to List surely can't work on the copy, that gets directly
delivered without the list-server software.

Is this what you had expected?

Nope. I just did a Reply to List on your last mail -- and it works.
:)

As an aside, I just did a "reply to list" in kmail and it worked fine.
Here's why.

Evolution's "reply to list works" fine, too.  But the way this list's
server is configured and the way people "reply to all" instead causes
problems for Evolution.

In Evolution, when you "reply to list", the program looks for an
"X-mail-list:" header.  If the copy of the message you are replying to
was sent through the list, the header is found and Evolution addresses
the reply accordingly.  However, if the message you are replying to is
a copy sent directly to you, and not through the list, there is no
"X-mail-list:" header for Evolution to follow.  In that circumstance,
Evolution reverts to "reply to all".

Kmail works the same way, with one difference.  In kmail, folders can
be designated as holding a list, including the list address.  If "reply
to list" is selected and there is no header to get the list address
from, kmail reverts to getting the list address from the folder
setting.  This works really well.

I am really learning to love both MUAs.  They each have their own
individual strengths.  I wish each would incorporate the benefits of
the other.

--

Art Alexion