Re: [Evolution] Spam Filter -- I need volunteers

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 06:07, Ian Watkinson wrote:

This is through fetchmail? or piping to spamc in the filter?

piping to spamc in the filter

If so, care to elaborate for a newbie on exactly how this is done.

Install spammc

Configure.

Set up filter x y z in Evo.

Thanks in advance.

I thought I already did this for you, but here goes:

First make sure the spamassassin daemon is running.  Called spamd.
Next create a filter in Evo. (Filters in the Tools menu is where you do
it) My filter is

In the first dropdown, select Pipe Message to Shell Command
In the text box to its right type: /usr/bin/spamc -c
After returns type: 1
Then in the actions area of the filter set up dialog
Select Move to Folder from the dropdown
You can send it to any folder.  I choose "Spam" in Local folders.

That's it.  I hope it is clearer this time.

Read two manpages spamassassin and Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf.

Edit and use ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.

--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC