Re: [Evolution] Spam Filter -- I need volunteers

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 19:22, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
My setup:

 - mail comes in
 - mail goes through bogofilter
 - mail goes through spamassassin
     a spamassassin rule gives a score if bogofilter said it's spam.
 - mail goes through bogofilter in learning mode
     trains bogofilter according to the opinion of spamassassin
 - mail goes through procmail filtering, sorting mail into folders.

My setup is slightly simpler and driven completely by Evolution's filter
rules:

- mail checked with spamassassin (spamc)
  - if exit code indicates spam, train bogofilter, move to Spam folder
- mail checked with bogofilter in autotrain mode
  - if exit code indicates spam, move to Spam folder

I've redefined a couple of labels as "Spam" and "Not spam". I mark any
false positives or negatives accordingly, press ctrl-Y, and special
filter rules retrain bogofilter and move the marked messages to the
appropriate folders.

Seems to work quite handily. Bogofilter seems to catch most of the
things spamassassin misses.

        MikaL