Re: [Evolution] Spam Filter -- I need volunteers

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 17:20, Marco Tabini wrote:
Hello All,

I've written a statistical spam filter for Evolution. It works by
analyzing the e-mail that you consider spam and eventually learning to
automatically filter it into a special folder. Because it doesn't use a
set of "rigid" rules, it should theoretically adapt dynamically, without
requiring any future reinstall or updates.

What do you use? Bayesian filter?

Also, from your mail it's not clear: is spam discarded? I'd advice
*strongly* against it - false positives do happen. Always, sooner or
later.

Because I'll be distributing binaries only, I need someone who is using
Linux. The filter makes use of labels, so you should not be using those
either.

Huh!? Ok, forget it.

For those who can easily install software on the computer receiving
their mail: use procmail and spamassassin and bogofilter (both are free
Software).

My setup:

 - mail comes in
 - mail goes through bogofilter
 - mail goes through spamassassin
     a spamassassin rule gives a score if bogofilter said it's spam.
 - mail goes through bogofilter in learning mode
     trains bogofilter according to the opinion of spamassassin
 - mail goes through procmail filtering, sorting mail into folders.

spamassassin 2.5 will make bogofilter obsolete, I hope.

cheers
-- vbi

--
this email is protected by a digital signature: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg