Re: [Evolution] Multipart HTML message not displaying

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 12:46, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
probably the imap server was truncating the boundary in the BODY
response then? *shrug*

Jeff

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 12:32, Aaron Smith wrote:
UPDATE:  I found what was causing this to happen.  The message was
crafted using a content-type boundry that included a colon.  If I hand
edited that colon out of the message, evolution was able to display the
message properly.  Oddly enough, this only happens if you view the
message via IMAP (I use SSL IMAP if it matters).  If you download the
message via fetchmail and then view it with Evolution in your local
spool directory, it renders fine....

        That's what I was thinking, except that it only seems to occur if
Evolution is the client in use.  If I use a different mail client
(Mozilla Mail) on the same client machine, accessing the same IMAP
server, and the same email message...it displays just fine.
        It doesn't matter to me as the software that generated the message is
in house software and we're just going to change it so that it makes a
different Mime boundary string but I thought I'd mention it here as it
seems like an Evolution issue.

Aaron Smith                             vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
Network Director                        fax: 269.349.9076
Nexcerpt, Inc.                          http://www.nexcerpt.com

        ...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise