Re: [Evolution] Address book import

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 23:08, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 20:52, Bill Hartwell wrote:
I'll add my voice to this chorus. I have far too many addresses in my
KDE address book to even think of copying them by hand. I can export to
csv, but that doesn't help if Evolution doesn't import csv.

Actually, somehow I forgot that we have a quick & dirty csv2vcard script
in the Evolution distribution that might work for you (i.e. it turns
CSV  files into VCard files and then you can import that); it is should
be installed in /usr/bin in our patckages.

It works with Outlook, I am not sure it works for KMail CSV files
(although I would assume it should be easy to adapt if the fields don't
match).

Gonna take a while to make the mods, I think. Anyone have a sample of
what Outlook csv files look like? Attached is the error output I got
when running the script.I figure that if I can flip between a gnumeric
display of the csv file and the script, I might be able to do something
(Not sure though, since I've never done any serious scripting before).

--
All private email sent with PGP encryption. Email for key.
Homepage: http://www.macmanusnet.net/