Re: [Evolution] LDAP server update with Evolution

On my little test server here I had the entry:

        # Chris Toshok, xtoph, org
        dn: cn=Chris Toshok,dc=xtoph,dc=org
        cn: Chris Toshok
        sn: Toshok
        mail: toshok hungry com
        objectClass: top
        objectClass: person
        objectClass: organizationalPerson
        objectClass: inetOrgPerson

and using the following ldapmodify file:

        dn: cn=Chris Toshok,dc=xtoph,dc=org
        changetype: modify
        add: objectClass
        objectClass:account
        -
        add: uid
        uid: toshok

successfully changed it to:

        # Chris Toshok, xtoph, org
        dn: cn=Chris Toshok,dc=xtoph,dc=org
        cn: Chris Toshok
        sn: Toshok
        mail: toshok hungry com
        objectClass: top
        objectClass: person
        objectClass: organizationalPerson
        objectClass: inetOrgPerson
        objectClass: account
        uid: toshok

Chris

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 13:19, Joaquim Fellmann wrote:
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 20:57, Chris Toshok wrote:
Hm, you can run wombat in a separate terminal and it'll spew out a more
detailed ldap error message when you modify the entry.  Also, are you

Here's the output of the wombat process:

ldap_modify_s: Object class violation
      additional info: object class 'person' requires attribute 'sn'

It seemed to me that evolution was creating all the necessary attributes
and including all necessary objectClasses when modifying ldap entries.

Note that I can create new LDAP entries with the mail attribute set. I
just can't add a mail attribute to an existing ldap entry depending on
acccount objectClass.
I can't imagine having to duplicate every existing ldap entry (one for
the login and the second for the evolution contact).

Trying to add the 'sn' attribute and the 'person' objectClass manualy I
get the error message :

ldap_modify: Object class violation
additional info: attribute 'uid' not allowed

But attribute uid is mandatory for the account objectClass.

Any idea to make the account 'uid' attribute cope with the evolution
'mail' attribute ?

Thanks