[Evolution] LDAP server update with Evolution

Hello,

I have an openldap server used to authenticate users at login time
(instead of /etc/passwd).
I'd like to add a 'mail' attribute to those records using evolution.

I added an LDAP directory in the settings of evolution and logged
successfuly to the ldap server using the admin login (write access).

I can list all the ldap records in evolution, but when I double click on
a given record to add an email address for that contact and save it to
the ldap server I get an error message: 'Error modifying list: Other
error'

Is there any conflict between the objectClasses used in the existing
ldap records (top, account, posixAccount, shadowAccount) and the
objectClasses needed for the evolution mail attributes (person,
organizationalPerson, inetOrgPerson) ?

Thanks for the help

Additional Info:

Evolution: 1.2.1