Re: [Evolution] Script-generated sigs

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 10:38, Dwight Tovey wrote:

I noticed this when I upgraded to 1.2.1, but it doesn't seem to work as
I expected.  I have a script that puts out my sig as 5 lines.  When I
use it in in evolution directly, any formatting get stripped out and the
sig is turned into one long string.

Yeah - been playing around and I think I'll stick to my "self generated"
sig for the moment until I get something better happening...AS IF I
really have time to muck around with learning yet another script command
set...(g) - besides, been using the same "script generator" for 5
years...

For now I get around it by having a cron job call my script every few
minutes and dump the output into a file.  I then have evolution
configured to use whatever that file happens to have at the moment as my
sig.  Less than ideal, but I get the results that I want.

Not really "less than ideal" - hey, it works, right?

--
Tue Jan  7 11:30:00 EST 2003
 11:30am  up 2 days, 14:38,  6 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.38, 0.30

kuhn media australia - kma.0catch.com
-------------------------------------
stephen kuhn - katherine kuhn - berkeley, nsw, au
email: stephen kuhn gmx net - skuhn telpacific com au
icq: 5483808 - mobile: 0410-728-389
-PC/Mac/Linux/Consulting/eMarketing-
 * linux user: 267497 * rh 7.3+ *
        There once was this swami who lived above a delicatessan.  Seems one
day he decided to stop in downstairs for some fresh liver.  Well, the owner
of the deli was a bit of a cheap-skate, and decided to pick up a little extra
change at his customer's expense.  Turning quietly to the counterman, he
whispered, "Weigh down upon the swami's liver!"