Re: [Evolution] SMTP Error

lør, 2003-01-04 kl. 11:09 skrev Bill Hartwell:

Unfortunately, it appears that the SSL connection is not the solution to the
problem, either. I reset my connection to never use SSL, killed and restarted
Evolution, and got the exact same error:

Data response error: Need Rcpt command

This, after re-entering my smtp password (yes, my email server requires
authentication for both receiving and sending) when the window popped up
after I switched SSL from "whenever possible" to "never".

Of course it's not SMTP or TLS. It's a clapped out Evo installation.
Compare with all other clapped out installations of every conceivable
type on this list.

I can not understand why I've been so lucky, after reading many of the
despair postings on this list. 1 began with 1.0.0 and rose to 1.2.1 and
have never had any real trouble (insufficient or useless this and that
doesn't count).

Mind you, I was one of the first Microsoft Windows 3.10 / NetWare 2.0
network admins and don't count the occasional fatal error or lost data
as being important. I've made my backups long before they occur.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw